This neighborhood park was named after Isaac T. Goodnow, one of Manhattan’s early founders, and one of the organizers of Bluemont College, which is now Kansas State University.
The park is home to a modern playground, a shelter for group gatherings, and a tricycle loop. The park also includes picnic tables, and ample open space that allows for a variety of outdoor activities.
Goodnow Park shelter has six built-in tables and one grill. Electricity and lights are available. A playground is located adjacent to the shelter. No restrooms are available at this park.
Size: 20.4 acres Established: 1938 Location: 4th and Thurston
All park shelters are open during regular park hours for public use.
Exclusive use is always granted to those who have obtained a reservation
permit through the Parks and Recreation Office. A copy of this form has
been included at the bottom of this page, and can be filled out and
submitted with payment to the address given on the form. Confirmation
will be returned via mail, and must be in the possession of the
recipient while using the park facility.