This park was laid out in the community's original plat. Located just east of old Highway 40, the park provided a popular resting place for travelers.
Around 1926, the Long Oil Company established a service station in the northwest corner of the park. The station was later used by the Sinclair Refining Company and the outside area of the park was used as a trailer camp.
Long's Park is now a neighborhood park, often used for family gatherings and an occasional special event. Established shade trees, a play area, and shelter provide the ideal setting for these activities.
Long's Park Shelter
Long's Park shelter has three portable tables and two grills. Electricity and lights are available. A playground is adjacent to the shelter as well as a newly built bathroom facility. All park shelters are open during regular park hours for public use. Exclusive use is always granted to those who have obtained a reservation permit through the Parks and Recreation Office. A copy of this form has been included at the bottom of this page, and can be filled out and submitted with payment to the address given on the form. Confirmation will be returned via mail, and must be in the possession of the recipient while using the park facility.
Size: 2.9 acres Established: 1857 Location: 17th Street and Yuma