[Dissolved January 2023]
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee was created in 2008 for the purpose of:
- Making recommendations to the City Commission consistent with the policies and objectives set forth in the Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan.
- Advising the Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator and City staff as to the determination of bicycle and pedestrian routes and help to establish project priorities.
- Supporting community partnerships that plan, develop, promote, and coordinate community cycling, walking, and active commuting activities.
- Developing goals and work plans regarding activities of the BPAC.
- Reviewing proposals from individual associations or other institutions for joint programs and assist in effective coordination of such activities, when applicable.
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee was dissolved by the City Commission on January 24, 2023.
For more information on Manhattan’s continued growth into a bicycle and pedestrian friendly community, visit our Bicycle and Pedestrian Information page.