The Finance Department periodically updates the finance-related websites listed below as a good source of information related to municipal government. If you would like to suggest additional websites, please contact the finance department at 785-587-2449.
- National League of Cities - The latest "City Fiscal Conditions" survey report is conducted annually by NLC. Previous annual reports are also available.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI Data) - Maintained by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this site provides the easiest access to data on changes in the prices paid by urban consumers for a representative basket of goods and services.
- Computation Knowledge Engine - Get computer answers to factual queries, financial and other, plus an equation solver.
- Current Banking Rates: Bankrate.com - Provides in-depth, free information regarding financial rates on more than 300 financial products including mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, etc.
- Federal Reserve Interest Rates - The most current federal interest rates that are available. Data is updated weekly at 2:30 p.m. Monday (unless Monday is a federal holiday).
- FRED (Federal Reserve Economic Data) - A massive database of more than 21,400 U.S. economic time series. All data is downloadable in several user-friendly formats.
- Investopedia - Designed to improve investment knowledge and understanding for any potential investor - large or small.
- IRS Information for the Tax-Exempt Community - Sponsored by the Internal Revenue Service, provides nearly everything a lay person might need, either as a prospective bond buyer or interested third party.
- Kansas Division of Municipal Services Budgeting Site - Contains the complete state budgets for all Kansas cities and gives users the opportunity to compare city budgets across the state.
- Kansas Division of Municipal Services - Specifically designed for Kansas cities and counties and provides current budgeting information and forms.
- Muni Net Guide - Municipal-related search for bonds, economic development, etc.
- Official Statements and Bond Data for Municipal Governments - Find information related to bonds, notes or other municipal securities. Enter name of City of CUSIP number.
- Online Financial Calculators: KJE Computer Solutions - Contains a comprehensive listing of financial calculators complete with dynamic graphs and reports.
- Public Finance: Governmental Finance Officers Association (GFOA) - A leading source of expert knowledge in public financial management, policy development and recommended practice.