City of Manhattan News & Events
Beginning at 9 a.m. Monday, September 26, criminal trespass violations in the restricted levee construction area will be enforced for the safety of the public and workers. Entering the restricted area could lead to arrest and prosecution. Read on...
Chris Curtis, the new recreation superintendent for the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department (MPRD), is hard at work hiring new recreation coordinators and supervisors as the department rebuilds its workforce during fall programming. Read on...
Boys & Girls Club of Manhattan is increasing programming for up to 50 middle school-aged youth through the end of the 2022-23 school year by using space at Anthony and Eisenhower Recreation Centers for a total of 100 spots. The program will begin Aug. 22. Read on...
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will hold a special meeting on Monday, July 18 to gain feedback on the future of parks and recreation. The meeting at 7 p.m. at the Manhattan Fire Department headquarters, 2000 Denison, will be a facilitated forum. Read on...
This year’s Furniture Amnesty Day (FAD) will take place Friday, July 29 in City Park. Registration for furniture shopping begins at 8 a.m. in City Park. Free shopping will be scheduled in 15-minute time slots from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Anyone can participate. Read on...
Citywide cleanup efforts moved into Area 2 (north-central/purple/State Streets) on June 24 after City crews from the Street Division and Parks Division finished picking up tree and limb debris in Area 1 (southeast/tan/Ward District) on Thursday, June 23. Read on...
Stay in Touch
Sign up for email and/or text alerts on a variety of topics.
To view our neighborhood designations, see our online Neighborhood Notifications map. Or sign up for email and/or text alerts for multiple lists.
- Amherst and Miller Parkway
- Anthony Middle School
- CiCo Park
- Downtown Core
- East Campus
- Northwest Manhattan
- Eureka Valley - Manhattan Regional Airport - West Scenic Drive NOT PICTURED
- K-177 Gateway Corridor NOT PICTURED
- Stagg Hill
- Sunset Zoo - Redbud
- Wastewater Plant - East Highway 24 NOT PICTURED
- West Campus
Advisory Boards & Committees
Want to keep track of an advisory board or committee that interests you? Sign up for email and/or text alerts for agendas, minutes and special announcements.
SIGN UP FOR MORE THAN ONE NOTIFICATION LIST HERE
- Aggieville BID Advisory Board
- Arts and Humanities Advisory Board
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Cemetery Board
- City Commission
- City/University Projects Fund Committee
- Code Appeals Board
- Douglass Center Advisory Board
- Downtown BID Advisory Board
- Flint Hills Discovery Center Advisory Board
- Food and Farm Council
- Historic Resources Board
- Housing Appeals Board
- Human Rights and Services Board
- License and Permit Notifications
- Manhattan Urban Area Planning Board
- Municipal Audit Committee
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Partner City Advisory Committee
- Social Services Advisory Board
- Special Alcohol Fund Advisory Committee