Risk Reduction, a Division of Manhattan Fire, administers city ordinances relating to health, safety and protection of residents and their property. Code officers also review plans and issue building permits for new construction, additions and alterations. Building, moving permits, curb cut permits, mobile home permits, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits, as well as all contractor and trade licenses, are also issued by the Risk Reduction Division.
Mowing and Nuisance Abatements
Risk Reduction is soliciting for quotes for mowing and nuisance abatement services for 2022 and 2023. The City is authorized by ordinance to abate weed and nuisance violations on private property, and Risk Reduction utilizes private vendors to carryout abatement orders. All abatement costs are paid for by the City of Manhattan. Common abatement orders include mowing or cutting vegetation that is over twelve inches high and removal and disposal of items or accumulations located outdoors such as garbage, household furniture and appliances, discarded lumber, tree branches, and brush. Abatements may also include snow and ice removal from sidewalks.
If you wish to be considered for these services, your completed quotation must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office, at City Hall, 1101 Poyntz Avenue before 5:00 P.M., Friday, May 13, 2022. The quotation packet is available by following the link below, or upon request in the City Clerk's Office or the Risk Reduction Office. Priority may be given to vendors bidding the entire packet.
If you have any questions, please contact Sr. Property Maintenance Inspector Rick Berry at 785-587-4516 or email email@example.com.
New Online Features
- Online License Portal is now available. All license renewal and updates will be done using the new online portal beginning this year, 2021. You will need log in credentials to access your license through the portal. If you need for us to send these to you, please fill out the request login form
- Online rental registration
- License database: This database contains information on individuals and companies currently licensed by the Risk Reduction Division of the Manhattan Fire Department, for work in the City of Manhattan. Journeyman and master licensed individuals must work for a licensed contractor in order to conduct work within the city. If there are any questions or for further information on individual licenses, please contact our office at 785-587-4506.
- Contractors: Check the status of inspections on your projects. Permit number required.
- Check to see if your roofing contractor is registered as required by the State of Kansas.