- You Are Here:
- Risk Reduction
Risk Reduction, a Division of Manhattan Fire, administers city ordinances relating to health, safety and protection of residents and their property. Code officers also review plans and issue building permits for new construction, additions and alterations. Building, moving permits, curb cut permits, mobile home permits, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits, as well as all contractor and trade licenses, are also issued by the Risk Reduction Division.
Royal Towers Updates
The 2021 International Codes and the 2020 National Electrical Code went into effect for the Manhattan area on 1/1/23. You can download a PowerPoint presentation of the significant code changes, and view the adoption ordinance for each code (including local amendments) by clicking the the link below.
New Online Features
- Online License Portal is now available. All license renewal and updates will be done using the new online portal beginning this year, 2021. You will need log in credentials to access your license through the portal. If you need for us to send these to you, please fill out the request login form and we will send them to you by the next business day. New licenses will need to fill out an application and we will create a new account for you.
- Online rental registration
- License database: This database contains information on individuals and companies currently licensed by the Risk Reduction Division of the Manhattan Fire Department, for work in the City of Manhattan. Journeyman and master licensed individuals must work for a licensed contractor in order to conduct work within the city. If there are any questions or for further information on individual licenses, please contact our office at 785-587-4506.
- Contractors: Check the status of inspections on your projects. Permit number required.
- Check to see if your roofing contractor is registered as required by the State of Kansas.