Renting in Manhattan
- Flush the sump pump drain line to ensure proper operation in case of heavy spring rains.
- Clean gutters and downspouts to ensure rainwater is collected in gutters and able to travel through downspouts and away from your home.
- Trim tree limbs and shrubs. Spring Cleanup occurs in late March/early April and allows residents to leave tree limbs on the curb for free pickup.
- Air out the home after the winter months.
- Test smoke detectors.
- Lack of or inoperable smoke detectors
- Windows broken, not operational or will not stay open on their own
- Condition of floors
- Wiring and electrical problems
- Lack of guardrails/handrails
- Condition and security of doors
- Lack of compliant basement egress windows
- Water heater not installed correctly
- Sewer backup/water damage