Street Maintenance Program
The Street Maintenance Program started in 2016, to add pavement markings across the community and rehab existing streets.
2018 Road Maintenance Projects
- Work should be completed by mid-August 2018 before classes begin at Manhattan High School. Eastbound through traffic will be allowed during construction. Westbound traffic is routed to Summit Drive, then Walnut.
- Griffith Drive:Work will begin July 18, 2018 and should be finished by the end of August 2018.
- Blue Hills Road/Bluestem Terrace Intersection Closure:
2017 Road Maintenance Projects (Completed)
- Ivy Street and Bluestem Terrace
- McCain Lane *COMPLETE, July 2017
- Grand Mere Parkway (Champions Circle to Players Terrace) *COMPLETE, April 2017
- Anderson Avenue (Hudson to Windsong and in association with West Anderson paving) *COMPLETE April 2017
- Anderson Avenue left turn lane extension at westbound North Manhattan Avenue *COMPLETE, June 2017
- Allen Road *COMPLETE, July 2018
2017 Marking Projects (Completed)
- Grand Mere Parkway and Anderson Avenue (new pavement)
- Bluemont Avenue from 11th Street to 4th Street
- Fort Riley Boulevard from U.S. 24 to Westwood will receive new lane striping
- New bike sharrows marking bike boulevards will be installed on West Laramie Street (Fairchild to North Manhattan Avenue), College Heights Road (Denison to College), and along Juliette Avenue (El Paso Lane to Pottawatomie Avenue) and Pottawatomie Avenue leading to Linear Trail
- A bike lane will be installed on Poyntz Avenue from Sunset Avenue to 17th Street.
The City of Manhattan Street Department plans to make street repairs in the following areas:
- Gary, McDowell, Elco, Lawrence
- Heritage, Lundin, Nichols, Conrow
- Todd, Jarvis, Hillcrest, Campus, Harry
- Firethorn, Hemlock, Winterset (Miller Ranch Unit 3) *COMPLETE
- $1 million for street department street maintenance
- $268,657.50 for concrete street maintenance to be paid from the Special Street and Highway Fund and the Bond and Interest Fund (Van Nahmen Construction is the contractor)
- $271,371.40 for asphalt street maintenance to be paid from the Special Street and Highway Fund (Shilling Construction is the contractor)
|Anticipated award of bid for contractor projects||April 4|
|Construction timeline for contractor projects||May 15-Aug. 15|
|Construction timeline for street department projects||Throughout the year (Todd area to be completed May 15-Aug. 15)|
Denison Avenue Water Line Improvements (also a street maintenance project)
West Anderson (also a street maintenance project)