Party Registration Program Coming Soon

Kansas State University, the Riley County Police Department (RCPD) and the City of Manhattan have partnered to develop a voluntary Party Registration Program similar to other college towns across the country. The concept is simple: register a Friday or Saturday party, and if a noise complaint is received, you may receive a warning call from Dispatch instead of a visit from RCPD, avoiding possible citation if the noise is quickly mitigated. The City, RCPD and K-State are working on finalizing this program and hope to launch in the near future. If you have any questions, contact the City Manager’s Office at 785-587-2408.

Refer to the City of Manhattan Noise Ordinance full understanding of your responsibility as a resident. It is unlawful to create, make, continue or allow any “noise disturbance.”  A “noise disturbance” includes any sound, at any time, within a residential district that exceeds 65 decibels beyond your property line. In addition, between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m., a “noise disturbance” includes amplified sound (such as music, voices, speakers) that can be heard beyond your property line. .