Volunteers can help to play a valuable role in disaster response services. You can help to make a difference in the lives of people here within our community that have been affected by disaster.
The Flint Hills Volunteer Center is coordinating volunteer efforts. If you are interested in helping with disaster response in the Manhattan/Riley County area, apply now! We will contact you when help is needed. Your help is appreciated!
Individuals and families impacted by the flooding can seek assistance at the following locations. If you have questions or would like to add an organization to the list, please email email@example.com or call the City Manager's Office during regular business hours at 785-587-2404.
Riley County Emergency Managers will establish a shelter location in partnership with the American Red Cross if evacuation becomes necessary. Currently, there is one shelter location open and available to those affected by the evacuation advisory: Westview Community Church, 615 Gillespie Dr, Manhattan, KS 66502. This shelter also accepts pets, which is coordinated through the Kansas State Animal Response Team (KSART). KSART is currently accepting the intake of animals from 9am to 7pm daily.
Keep in mind, local hotels will likely be filled. If you don't wish to stay in a shelter, it's a good idea to make arrangements with friends and family.
- Flint Hills Breadbasket
- LOCATION: 905 Yuma Street
- PHONE: 785-537-0730
- HOURS: Monday – Thurs 1-3:30, Fri 1-3
- Everyone impacted by flooding is eligible, no income requirements, fill out paperwork and get immediate access to a week’s worth of food from the Breadbasket as well as vouchers for food pantries at local churches
- Campus Mobile Food Pantry
- LOCATION: K-State Recreation Complex, off of Denison Ave, Parking Lot c1
- HOURS: Friday, September 14, 4-6pm or while supplies last
- Open to all K-State and Manhattan Community members
- Common Table Community Meals
- Sun* 6-7 pm 700 Poyntz Ave - 1st Congregational
- Mon 6-7 pm 301 N 4th St - Senior Center
- Tues* 7-8:30 am 601 Poyntz Ave - St. Paul’s Episcopal
- Tues 6-7 pm 801 Leavenworth - 1st Presbyterian
- Wed 7:30-8:15 am 801 Leavenworth - 1st Presbyterian
- Wed* 6-7 pm 612 Poyntz Ave - 1st United Methodist
- Thurs 6-7 pm 930 Poyntz Ave - 1st Lutheran
- Fri 7-9 am 601 Poyntz Ave - St. Paul’s Episcopal
- Fri 6-7 pm 930 Poyntz Ave - 1st Lutheran
- Sat 6-7 pm 612 Poyntz Ave - 1st United Methodist
*Sack Lunch Available
- American Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- LOCATION: 310 Poyntz Avenue
- PHONE: 785-320-5396 or 785-539-9399
- WalMart card for those qualified (based on level of damage)
- Shepherd's Crossing
- LOCATION: 621 Humboldt St.
- PHONE: 785-776-1470
- HOURS: Tuesdays 10-2, Thursdays, 2-5:30, and by appointment if needed
- Help with rent, utilities, prescriptions, and other needs specific to flood impacted people. No income limitations.
- First Lutheran Church
- LOCATION: 930 Poyntz Ave
- PHONE: 785-537-8532
- HOURS: Sat 10-2, Mon/Tues/Wed 10-noon and 4-6
- Personal hygiene items, cleaning supplies, bedding, towels, and baby items