The categories below detail some of the City of Manhattan projects that may have a significant impact on traffic. You can also sign up to receive email updates on major construction projects.
Find updates for other projects at:
Find updates for other projects at:
- Kansas State University's Construction Update
- Riley County Construction Projects
- Tuttle Creek Dam Construction
Traffic Impacts Updated 7/9/2019
- College Ave and Dickens: A new pedestrian HAWK signal will be installed. The roadway will be reduced to two lanes, but the intersection will remain open during the project. Completion is expected by mid-August.
- Also fixing the trail near K-State's baseball and soccer complex.
- Carson & McCall: A lightning strike damaged the traffic signal. The vehicle traffic portion is still operational, but all pedestrian movements are non-operational. No ETA on repairs at this time.
- Sunset Ave & Poyntz Ave near Manhattan High School: Poyntz Ave is now closed for the second phase of this project, removing and replacing existing roadway and curb with 7" thick base. Access to MHS parking lot will be maintained throughout the work and the project should be completed before school starts in mid-August.
- 11th & Poyntz: Sidewalks and curb & gutters have been installed. Signal towers are back-ordered. 11th St is closed for the next 6-8 weeks while project progresses. Delays are expected due to rain/wet conditions.
- 2019 Approved Street Maintenance Projects: Gary Ave - Candlewood to Newbury has been completed. Traffic reduced to one lane and residents in the are have been notified. The next phase of the project will repair the roadway from Newbury to Lombard. This entire project should take 6-8 weeks to complete. The goal is to have the road open before school starts. Gary Ave - Candlewood to Newbury has been completed. Traffic reduced to one
- North Manhattan Ave: Closed from Baker's Way to Research Drive as part of the North Campus Corridor Project. The slope of the hill will be reduced, the roadway widened, a 10' sidewalk will be installed, and streetscaping will be added to the area. A detour route is in place until the roadway reopens. The timeline goal is an August completion before classes resume at K-State on August 26, if weather and conditions allow. It is possible that this project will be delayed.
- Juliette Ave Phase III: Juliette is closed from Osage to Poyntz for utility replacement and roadway reconstruction. Bricks have been removed and storm sewer and water main work is nearly complete. Work is scheduled to be completed before school starts.
- Campus Creek RCB Extension: This project will impact left turns from Campus Creek Dr. on to N. Manhattan Ave. Also, there will be parking on Campus Creek Dr adjacent to the work area. The project is 95% complete. Crews are backfilling and seeding and the area should reopen next week.
- 2018 Approved Street Maintenance Phase II: Vanesta Drive is complete and has been reopened to through traffic. Work will continue in the Berry Streets of the Northview neighborhood for the next four weeks, specifically the culs-du-sac areas of Knoxberry, Raspberry, and Strawberry.
- Kimball Ave (Hudson to Vanesta): The roadway will be widened to three lanes with a protected left turn lane in the middle. A 10' paved trail will be added that connects to Hudson Trail.
- Miller Parkway: Closed from Ledgestone Ridge Ct to Ladera Cir beginning the morning of Monday June 24, 2019. This closure is to repair damage incurred while grading the Ledgestone park project. The road is expected to be closed for approximately 10 working days until early July. Bayer construction will be conducting the repairs.
- Potholes: The patch crew will get to pothole requests as weather and schedules allow. To add a location to the list, please submit a request for pothole repair using the ReportIt system.
- Galaxy retaining wall repair: Rebuilding collapsed retaining wall due to water damage.
- Street Sweeping: Sweepers will be operating all week.
- Utility Cuts: Water and sewer projects around town.
The Manhattan Parks & Recreation currently has the following park projects under design or construction:
- Warner Park Master Plan
- Jorgensen Park Trail - Construction through May
- Douglass Center Architectural and Electrical Improvements - Phase 2 under construction until August
- Strategic Facility Improvement Plan
- City Park Master Plan Update