Household Hazardous Waste

All household hazardous waste including household chemicals, cleaning supplies, motor oil, paint and spray cans should be taken to the Riley County Hazardous Waste Facility for disposal. These items can pollute stormwater if disposed of in other manners.

Water Quality

The City of Manhattan samples water from the Kansas River and Wildcat Creek following significant rainfall. The samples are then tested for a certain number of pollutants. Learn how you can help lower the level of pollutants in the water by changing a few household practices.