Housing Market Analysis
- Review of the previous housing information and studying of current housing conditions and needs.
- Analysis of data in a national, state, regional, and local context to inform strategies for addressing the identified challenges.
- Presentation of the final report to various parties, but ultimately to the City Commission for consideration of adoption as an amendment to the Manhattan Urban Area Comprehensive Plan. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Final Report and Next Steps
With this last step completed, Community Development, along with key housing industry stakeholders will continue to research and analyze conditions and potential strategies. Several programs and policies were identified as early implementation steps, and staff will begin work on those immediately. These include completing any state organizational reviews of the HMA, application to federal and state grant/loan applications, and collection of housing-related data.
Another early identified action was the formation of a Workforce Housing Steering Committee which has already been approved by the City Commission and staff have begun forming.
Why do we need a Housing Market Analysis?
- Studied Manhattan's housing market, housing stock, and housing needs in detail.
- Completed a community-wide review of data (previous and current) and conditions on-the-ground.
- Engaged the community in dialogue about their housing experiences, desired strategies, and their priorities for the future.
- Utilized a Steering Committee to listen to and provide feedback to City staff, Development Strategies, and the City Commission as it pertains to the Housing Market Analysis.
- Created strategies to shape specific policies, programs, and projects that address Manhattan's housing needs. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>