The city manager is the chief administrative officer of the city and is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the City Commission
. The city manager is directly responsible for the daily operation and administration of the city organization, and hires employees to aid in these functions.
Employees are divided into nine departments
, each headed by a director appointed by the city manager.
We put the well-being of people at the heart of everything we do.
Through a well-trained, highly motivated, professional City staff, we move the community forward in a way that is:
- Open, welcoming, and inclusive
- Forward-thinking and innovative
- Accountable, transparent, and fiscally responsible
- Contributory to a high quality of life, amenities, and opportunities
- Protective of natural resources and the environment
Each month, the city manager publishes a monthly report detailing the activities of the City of Manhattan.
The annual report encompasses the accomplishments of the city in the prior year and outlines the city's financial status.