Application Forms & Instructions
Before making an application, you will need to call the Community Development Department at 785-587-2412 to schedule a pre-application meeting to discuss what is being proposed, review submission requirements, and review the application and approval process.
Forms & Instructions
The following links provide access to forms and instructions for making application to the Manhattan Urban Area Planning Board, the Board of Zoning Appeals, the Historic Resources Board, and various administrative applications to the City of Manhattan.
Please note that applications must be submitted in complete form with all supporting information before they will be scheduled for a public hearing. The application deadline is 5:00 p.m. on the due date listed on the 2019 application schedules for MUAPB, BZA, and HRB
Manhattan Urban Area Planning Board To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Senior Planner John Adam at 785-587-2412.
- Application Form, General
- Neighborhood Meeting Instructions and Report Form
- Annexation - Filing Instructions
- Rezoning - Filing Instructions
- PUD: Rezoning & Preliminary development plan- filing instructions
- PUD: amendment - filing instructions
- PUD: Final - filing instructions
- Subdivision: Preliminary Plat - filing instructions
- Subdivision: Final Plat - filing instructions
- Subdivision: Utility Release Form
- Subdivision: Variation of layout standards - filing instructions
- Tax Certification Affidavit
Board of Zoning Appeals
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Planner Shauna Laauwe at 785-587-2412. View the 2018 BZA application schedule.
- Conditional Use - Filing Instructions (including telecom and legal nonconforming uses)
- Exception - Filing Instructions
- Variance - Filing Instructions
Other Forms & Instructions
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Senior Planner John Adam at 785-587-2412.
- Boundary Line Adjustment - Filing Instructions
- Lot Split - Filing Instructions
- Flood Plain Development Application - New Construction on Fill
- Flood Plain Development Application - New Construction on Crawlspace
- Flood Plain Development Application - Modifying an Existing Building
- Flood Plain Development Application - Floodproofing
- State or Municipally Owned / Operated Facility - Filing Instructions
- Rezoning Protest Petition - Filing Instructions
- Rezoning Protest Petition - Form
- Rezoning Protest Petition Verification Form
Historic Resources Board
To schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Planner Ben Chmiel at 785-587-2412.
- Historic Resources Board 2017 Schedule
- HRB 2018 schedule
- Minor Historic Review Application
- Major Historic Review Application
- Manhattan Register of Historic Places Nomination - Instructions