June 15, 2018
City Hall, City Commission Meeting Room
1101 Poyntz Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
Arts & Humanities Advisory Board Meeting
Friday, June 15, 2018
The purpose of the Arts and Humanities Advisory Board is to promote and support arts and humanities in the City of Manhattan, as follows:
1. To annually review the Capital Improvement Program ("CIP") to make recommendations to incorporate arts and humanities elements into the CIP projects, as the advisory board deems appropriate;
2. To provide an annual report and plan to the City Commission on arts and humanities opportunities in the City, to include recommended activities, programs, projects and collaborations;
3. To research and recommend fundraising and grant opportunities;
4. To assist with developing city guidelines related to the selection and placement of public art and other displays, performances, exhibitions, and similar arts and humanities activities; and,
5. To make reports and recommendations to the governing body on all matters referred to it by the governing body.