(MANHATTAN, KS – October 4, 2018) Several local veterinarians have partnered with the City of Manhattan to offer one-stop shopping for rabies vaccinations and pet licensing. The City Commission recently adopted an ordinance that will allow veterinarians to sell licenses at their clinic and send that information back to the City. In addition, the animal’s rabies tag will now serve as the proof of license. No secondary tag will be needed.
“Instead of making a separate trip to City Hall for a pet license, now pets can get vaccinated and licensed at the same time. The goal is to get more people to comply with law and maintain public safety,” says Assistant City Manager Kiel Mangus.
Based on recommendations from area vets, the updated ordinance also raised the license fee for animals not spayed/neutered and lowered the fee for animals that are spayed/neutered.
The following veterinary offices will have licenses available for purchase:
- Animal Doctor Westside 785-539-7922 3130 Anderson Avenue
- Blue Hills Animal Hospital 785-537-8482 2313 Tuttle Creek Boulevard
- Candlewood Veterinary Clinic 785-537-0537 3262 Kimball Avenue
- Fur Family Animal Hospital 785-712-2332 530 McCall Rd Suite 100
- Little Apple Veterinary Hospital 785-539-0191 909 Seth Child Road
- Vet Health Center at KSU 785-532-5690 1800 Denison Avenue
Pet licenses are still available at City Hall and more information can be found on the City of Manhattan website at https://cityofmhk.com/283/Pet-Licenses.
|Term of Pet License||NOT Spayed/Neutered||Spayed/Neutered|
Up to 1 year
Between 1 and 2 years
Between 2 and 3 years