On Friday, January 31, 2020 the City Commission gathered for a day-long retreat with the City Manager’s Office to identify goals and strategic priorities for the next two years. City Staff presented five strategic priorities to focus on as visions for the community:
- Organization Excellence - Manhattan is made of dedicated individuals who serve our community through efficient, innovative and collaborative programs and services.
- Built Environment - Manhattan supports, plans for and facilitates the growth of our diverse neighborhoods and districts, while providing a safe and reliable multi-modal transportation network.
- Safe & Health Living - Manhattan fosters a safe and healthy community that delivers essential resources and protection.
- Economic Vitality - Manhattan promotes a growing and sustainable economy, reflecting community values.
- Quality of Life - Manhattanites love where they live. Manhattan is first-class city where all individuals and families can live, learn, work, and play.
Commissioners provided feedback on primary objectives to address these strategic priorities, as well as specific projects and programs to implement over the next two years. The City Manager’s Office is compiling feedback from the retreat and will present a draft Strategic Priorities 2020-2021 Document for the governing body to adopt in the coming weeks.