(Manhattan, Kansas, February 7, 2021) — At 6:50 p.m. on Sunday evening, the Manhattan Fire Department was dispatched to 2030 College Heights Road for a report of a possible structure fire. Upon arrival, crews found a one-story home with smoke showing from the attic. The fire was contained within 20 minutes. A total of 17 firefighters responded on 6 fire apparatus with units still on scene at the time of this release. No injuries were reported.
The building is a one-story residential structure that was occupied by an adult and two children at the time of the fire. The occupants were displaced from the home. Loss is estimated at $10,000 to contents and $20,000 to the structure. The owner is listed as Mark and Jayne Lund of Green, KS. The fire cause is accidental due to an electrical malfunction.